TheyWilllRockYou.com – For the love of music!  Serving Boston and Greater New England.

January 9, 2013 by
Filed under Daily Music News

According to a new announcement from Three Days Grace, frontman Adam Gontier has left the band. His quick departure is due to a health issue, although no further details where given.

The band has subsequently recruited bassist Brad Walst’s brother, Matt Walst of My Darkest Days, to sing on the upcoming co-headlining tour with Shinedown. Check out the band’s official statement below:

Three Days Grace has announced that Matt Walst, lead singer of My Darkest Days, will be joining the band as the lead singer for their North American co-headlining tour with Shinedown, starting in Moline, IL on February 1st.

Former lead singer, Adam Gontier, has left the group effective immediately due to a health issue.

In response, Brad Walst stated: “We were surprised and distressed by
Adam’s sudden departure.  We are however very excited for this upcoming  tour, and to have my brother Matt stepping in as lead singer.”

We will keep you posted on this story as it develops. Our thoughts go out to Adam Gontier in hopes of a speedy recovery from whatever ails him.

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

9 Responses to “Adam Gontier Leaves Three Days Grace Due to Health Issue, Band Announces New Singer”
  1. Anabelle says:

I can’t believe Adam gone, so sad, three days grace will NEVER be the same now!

2. Josh says:

I don’t think he left permanantly but i do hope he
    Gets well soon

3. Faith says:

I was very distraught when I heard this news. His voice and music has always been the best escape from anything. I hope he gets back to good health and returns with Three Days Grace.

4. Ashlee says:

There is no Three Days Grace without Adam! He makes the band what it is. Get well soon, Adam! Can’t wait to hear you singing again.

5. Doug says:

Listening to the clips they released with Matt, I honestly think that without Adam, TDG is done.

6. Chloe says:

Adam is TDG. I have tickets to the show and I am not excited anymore. The version of Riot, with Matt on vocals, is terrible. It is awesome that Matt wants to fill in and help the band out….but it will not be the same. Today is a sad day.

7. Bobby says:

I think it’s crazy that they would replace Adam wih someone who doesn’t even have half his talent. Adam is the worlds greatest singer EVER and, unless Adam returns, three days grace will never ever be the same… I do realize that Adam left the band because of a health issue, and I’m not mad at him whatsoever. I respect his decision, and if it’s what he wants to do, and I makes him happy, I guess I’m happy too… An thank you Matt for stepping up on pretty short notice… Anyway, three days grace will nicer be the same without Adam, and I hope he gets well soon…

8. Bobby says:

I meant will never be he same without adam

9. luna hexx says:

Read the freakin fb statement in Adam’s page he explain it all, it didn’t say anything about health issues it says he is going too start new projects.the health issues line is total bullshit